Saturday 19 December 2015

Eating Out: Pu Kwong

After my birthday dinner there a while ago, Mum and I decided to stop into Pu Kwong for a quick lunch after doing some shopping one day.

Mum was keen on trying the Lemon Chicken. The sauce on this was actually really nicely balanced, not too sour but also, more importantly, not too sweet either. Eating half of this dish did push me towards my tolerance for fried. I think it would be a fun dish to try if you were there with a few more people, or if you really like fried food!

Lemon Chicken


Because I knew that the lemon chicken was going to be a plate of fried, I decided some veggies were required and ordered Vegetables in Garlic Sauce. I was given the option between hard or soft vegetables, and I asked for soft... lots of green. I was very happy with this lovely plate of veggies that came out! The perfect side to the lemon chicken.

Greens in Garlic Sauce


We also had some rice and jasmine tea. It was a fun lunch!

Pu Kwong Vegetarian Restaurant - 2796 Logan Road, Underwood, Queensland - 07 3841 8999

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim and Sahara


Two kitties, one photo! This doesn't happen that often.

6 comments:

  1. That lemon chicken does look tasty! Fried food can be tasty once in awhile! I love the two kitty picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so happy to get the two of them in the same frame. :)

      Delete
  2. I love lemon chicken - big plates of fried are always my fave' but I probably woulda gone for rice instead of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, you would love Pu Kwong then. Big plates of fried galore!

      Delete
  3. I'm generally not into fried mock meats, but the lemon chicken looks really good. Perfect balance with the garlicky veggies though! Looks like a good lunch =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely needed a lot of veggies to balance out that lemon chicken! But it was fun.

      Delete