Monday 7 December 2015

Recipe Round-Up: How It All Vegan

I have added a new section to the sidebar to the right that explains my smiley face rating system... I have had to expand it from five to six different smiley faces to really encompass all the different options!

How It All Vegan is not a book I use much any more. I have actually cooked quite a lot out of it, but most of that was before I started taking photos. You can see round ups of what I have photographed in my previous posts.

Mum's Apple Coleslaw Salad: Not surprisingly, this is quite a sweet salad that comes together quickly. I also added in some grated carrot to the cabbage and apples. It makes a large amount so is good for groups.
Rating: :)

Mum's Apple Coleslaw Salad


Sesame Noodle Salad: I love chilled soba salads. This has refreshing cucumber, carrots and radishes in it as well.
Rating: :)

Sesame Noodle Salad


Caesar Salad Dressing: This is basedon soft tofu and has a bit of kelp powder in the ingredients list that gives it a slight taste of the sea. It is super easy to make, just add everything and blend.
Rating: :)

Caesar Salad Dressing


Rhubarb Bread: Rhubarb is not something that I use often, but I love how it is both tart and sweet. This bread was a lovely treat.
Rating: :)

Rhubarb Bread


Apricot Bread: Another fun bread, this has dried apricots but also uses apricot nectar to give a great flavour.
Rating: :)

Apricot Bread


Banana Bread: A classic. This is a pretty nice loaf, though since I first made this I have made other outstanding banana bread recipes from other books. It has dates added as little sweet bursts.
Rating: :)

Banana Bread


Applesauce Muffins: These are easy to make and bring together the classic combination of apples and raisins. However they don't rise very high after baking, so you might want to make fewer to get a bigger, more satisfying muffin.
Rating: :)

Applesauce Muffins


Raspberry Cornmeal Muffins: This recipe says it makes 6 muffins, but I actually got 12 out of it. It uses fruit juice as some of the liquid, so ends up quite sweet.
Rating: :)

Raspberry Cornmeal Muffin


Country Carrot Cake: I love carrot cakes! This is a nice recipe. I ended up serving it naked because I tried making the suggested cream cheese topping but something must have gone wrong because it was awful and I couldn't eat it, let alone ruin a cake with it. The cake held up on its own!
Rating: :)

Country Carrot Cake


Crispy Croutons: These are simple to make, and go just right with the caesar salad dressing (mentioned above) for a yummy salad.
Rating: :)

Crispy Croutons


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim from above.

7 comments:

  1. I love chilled noodle salads too! Everything looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming into summer here, chilled noodle salads are definitely back on my radar!

      Delete
  2. I love How It All Vegan and the other books in the series, they are great for beginners to veganism because the food is simple easy to modify and non-fussy. It really lets people find what they like in vegan food, and kind-of build their own staple. I always use the chili recipe as a guideline for my chili recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember finding this book and being so happy! I have made so much out of it. Definitely a great starter book. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the smiley face explanation side bar =) Super cute.
    The rhubarb bread sounds so good!!! I LOVE rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about the highly scientific smiley face rating system. ;)

      Delete
    2. I am all about the highly scientific smiley face rating system. ;)

      Delete