Thursday 19 October 2017

VeganMoFo 2017 #19: Toast of the Town



19th: A dish with five ingredients or fewer (not including cooking oil and salt and pepper)

I made toast. Toast is a dish! Toast is a meal! Toast is delicious. And five ingredients can give you a whole range of exciting toast creations (well, four ingredients once you count the bread). And you don't even need that many, peanut butter and toast is two ingredients and is one of the best things ever! But what if you want to go a bit more adventurous?

Peanut butter, banana, blueberry and cinnamon is one of my favourite pre-yoga fuels.

Peanut Butter, Banana, Blueberries, Cinnamon on Toast


Vegemite, avocado, turmeric and fresh tomato is how I start almost every twelve hour work day.

Work breakfast


A recent craving recently led to hummus, roasted broccoli, BBQ sauce and nooch.

Hummus toast


And I experimented with some Vegemite, tahini, nooch and shichimi.

Tahini toast


There are endless combinations of toppings to choose from. What are some of your favourites?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post - Month of Sahara

Sahara on the table


Did someone say toast? Sahara loved to be involved, and could often be found sitting on things to watch on. Technically she was not meant to sit on the kitchen table (according to my mother), but as you can see she is clearly NOT on the table here, she is sitting on some newspaper.

8 comments:

  1. I love vegemite and tahini on toast. I had melted cheeze slices, pickle and siracha on toast for lunch today. Toast rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds good. I love pickles! Toast is so easy but you can so much fun with it. Excellent food.

      Delete
  2. She's definitely not on the table! Smart kitty!

    Toast is a meal indeedy. I haven't had any recently due to some tooth shenanigans but you've made me hungry for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her logic was flawless about not being on the table. Sometimes she would sit on the place mats. Still not on the table!

      Delete
  3. Toast is the best blank slate for making a quick meal! I am totally obsessed with dark pumpernickel breads and this really dense seeded rye bread (the loaf is heavy!), then i cut a thick slice to get that crunchy outside softer inside toast textured. My favorite version of avocado toast is a thin layer of dijon mustard, thin sliced radishes for crunch, the avocado smashed with salt and lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. So good!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about that sounds amazing! I don't think I have put mustard on avocado toast before, I definitely am going to try that.

      Delete
  4. The hummus-broccoli-BBQ-nooch toast looks super interesting! Clever Sahara!

    ReplyDelete